Thursday, September 6, 2007

Let's go for a drive!

I thought I would take you on a little drive with me. I went to the grocery store, and snapped pictures along the way...this way you can see the sights around me and get a feel for the traffic :) And don't worry, I didn't crash while taking pictures. Actually, I just held the camera on the top of the steering wheel. Unfortunately, I never took a picture of the grocery store once I got there. Once I did take a picture inside the grocery store and the security guard told me that I wasn't allowed to do that and made me delete the picture. Now I'm a little shy.

Here we go, out the driveway...

This is the main street through our subdivision. The bicycles with side cars are called pedicabs and are always taking people here and there.
Now we are pulling out onto the main street...not lights, just go. I just get right on the bumper of the car in front of me and go for it...people are very polite and that is the way it's done. I've heard it said...today it's your turn, tomorrow it will be my turn. As initially crazy as it seemed, the traffic really has a polite flow. Whew! Made it onto the main road...always a huge relief!
This is the next major intersection. It is actually a three way intersection with no light or stop signs. Occasionally there is a police officer directing traffic...once again...just get right on the bumper of the car in front of you and you'll be okay. The other saying here is...any space is free space.


These two pictures show the commonly found parking in the right lane.






A bakery that also sells donuts.

If you would like, you can purchase a door along the road. There are also stores like this to purchase beds (of which we did), mufflers, chairs and other furniture, and a sundry of other things.
Here is the last intersection....with a stop light. Notice the fellow is coming to my window to see if I want to purchase towels, steering wheel covers, or feather dusters.....not a good picture, but considering I was taking photos through my windshield, it's ok. :)





Well, the grocery store is just to my left and I need to procur some food.
Hope you had fun!

2 comments:

White Diana said...

That was a blast!! It was "almost" like being there! Good one, Sis! So, Black Diana reminds me that I need to give you my new Blog site... so I will - check your email. :) Love you all!! Diana the White.

Unknown said...

I loved the tour. I truly cringed at the getting out on the main road - yikes!

See ya!